Members of United Academics have spoken, and the new Collective Bargaining Agreement has been ratified! Of the faculty who voted, 97.92% voted in favor of ratification.
Among the many improvements for all faculty at the UO, the new contract:
- Establishes a clearer process for getting faculty-driven policies to the Office of the Provost (OtP) for final review.
- Clarifies pathways for appeals for grievances, arbitrations, and review appeals.
- Provides 10% wage increases over the life of the contract, raises salary floors, and outlines upcoming studies on inflation and salary equity issues.
- Establishes one of the very few Caregiving Articles within faculty contracts in the country, provisions of which include grant funds for travel-related caregiving expenses and seed grants to increase the number of and capacity within local care providers.
- Institutes more equitable mechanisms for tenure-track faculty reviews. These include clear clock-stop mechanisms. Mid-term reviews will also be less burdensome for all involved, with a stronger focus on development.
- Retains current levels of raises for promotion and PTR reviews for tenure-track faculty and creates a system of commensurate raises for Career faculty.
- Ends the “up or out” nature of promotion reviews for Library faculty.
- Defines “funding-contingent” positions and outlines a process for reinstatement in cases of layoff.
- And much more…
This Collective Bargaining Agreement will be in effect until June 30, 2024, so we have a small break before our next round of bargaining.
More information about the new agreement can be found here.
Many thanks to everyone who helped make these improvements, and our union, possible. If you are not currently a union member, please consider joining. Membership strengthens our collective voice so we can continue to improve our working conditions.
United Academics Executive Council and Bargaining Team